Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thanks to My French Comrade from Hue

I don't know if you'll actually look here (I didn't get your e-mail address), but I hope you do. I need to thank my French friend who I met on the boat in Hue who gave me road suggestions for the South. You were totally right about taking the bus to Kom Tum and cylcling to Dalat. The conditions were exactly as you said and I wouldn't have liked riding that section between DaNang and Tom Kum! Too dry, too steep! You were totally right! I would NOT ride the road again from Kom Tum to Buon Na Thout, though. Very narrow and busy and boring scenary (see subsequent post I'll write about drivers in Vietnam, I've been preparing my rant). I'm really happy now that I'm pedaling in the mountains and nearing Dalat and things are starting to get quiet and lovely!

AND, thanks for the suggestion of the Family Inn in Buon Na Thuot! Again, you were totally right on. The family was super nice, the room was decent and the price was right! And, there was market and food right across the street! Thank you thank you thank you for the great suggestions and please send me an e-mail so I can send you a personal note (if you actually read this).

To the rest of you, now you know where I am today!

No comments: