Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Final Decision 2008: Tires

Well, I finally made up my mind on tires...after an exhaustive internal battle (with tons of internet research) and wide search through the the actual stock of tires available through local bike shops, I chose these:

Specialized Crossroads Armadillo
http://mikesbikes.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1750

I like the sound of the Armadillo technology (another cyclist road Thailand, Vietnam and Laos with no flats for the entire ride with this technology) and I was sold by the inflation range (35-85 psi) and that it basically becomes two distinctly different tires depending on the pressure. They're pretty heavy due to the tread and I wasn't excited about using 1.95, but I think they'll work out in the end and be more trouble free than a lighter, thinner tire.

No comments: