Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bangkok Snapshots

There's so much I can say about Bangkok, it would go on forever. I'm STILL here, still trying to get aclimitized and used to (what feels to me like) the drastic shift in culture. Instead of rambling for an hour about what I've been up to, I'll offer two very similar snapshots and promise to say more soon:

the wat's garden
a pool of calmness near
Bangkok hurling stones


(for the Wat at the end of the street I'm staying on)
---

Suan Lumphini
an emerald vien within
cold bare concrete cliffs

(this is a lovely large park right inside the downtown business district of Bangkok which I hung out at for two hours watching birds, lizards, bicyclists, joggers and reading)

2 comments:

Dr. Dylan Eret said...

Yeah, you made it! Thinking of you on the week before finals. Love the brief jolts of poetic creation - much better than a postcard! -D

jamie said...

I'm happy (and thankful) they're finally flowing again! Thanks for reading!