Friday, December 5, 2008

It's A GO!

Thai Transportation authorities officially reopened BKK airport for full operations Friday, which means my plane will be able to fly in late Monday night. I depart Sunday around noon and will be in transit for 15 or so hours, with a brief stop over at the Narita airport outside Tokyo.

I'm in the final stages of packing and will begin boxing my bike today. With the spare time, I was able to do a little bit more fussing and mechanical work on the bike (replaced four spokes on the rear wheel and trued it up real nice!), so that I'm fully comfortable with it's operations at the start of my trip. Now, it just has to survive United Airlines baggage handling and I have to survive the flight across the Pacific without a window seat (and oh so much curiosity :).

It's a GO! and I'm very excited!!!

No comments: