Sunday, December 7, 2008

Departure

Thanks to everyone for your support of my travels. I'm very excited to be departing this morning and very very excited I found my first cycling destination, a small island in Northern Bangkok, called Ko Kret known for it hand thrown ceramic pottery. I think I'll attempt to weasel my way onto a wheel to get a taste for the local clay (they dig their own!). In the least, I'm going to see if any local potters offer classes---I'd love to explore different throwing styles and I'm very interested in exploring other forms.

Bangkok will be very very busy for me with a long list of things to do. First up is to get my passport to the Vietnam consulate to start the VISA process.

Wish me luck!


BTW: Sharon and I both agreed that the extra five days was very very helpful for me, so, in essence, the change of plans was very welcomed (my condolences to the hundreds of thousands of stranded tourists, though--may they return home to their families as soon as possible). I feel very calm and prepared, much unlike Wednesday this week when I had originally intended to fly.

1 comment:

magnoliamayer said...

OMG! you did it and i'm so stoked for your first glimpse of Asia!!!
i'm sitting with Calvin warming my feet on the couch; missing you as you fly somewhere over the pacific... hope the flights go ok. and that the dinner doesn't taste like poop, and you get to sit next to cool people :) the house felt so strange after I returned from dropping you at the airport... soo quiet!! yuck, no fun :(
i finished watching our 'coral reef imax' flick which made me want to plan our next adventure together to include some diving!!
I can't wait to see you in Bangkok!! 3K smooches, S